A selection of highlights from the current and past years is shown below.
- A new BioQuadrant video has been posted at YouTube. In this video, we discuss our Chemical Libraries (screening sets).These screening sets are the result of our internal R&D efforts. Companies interested in collaborative R&D (screening, co-development) should contact us.
- Oct 2012: Canada's Biotechnology Focus magazine features an article on the CQIB, the incubator were BioQuadrant started its operations. The article also contains a photo taken in one of our labs. Read the full article here.
- Our new address becomes effective: 1555, boul. de l'Avenir, Laval, QC, H7S 2N5.
- June 2012: BioQuadrant successfully completes multi-gram syntheses of melatonin receptor antagonists.
- March 2012: BioQuadrant successfully completes chemical process development of a cyclic peptide.
- Jan 2012: BioQuadrant successfully completes the synthesis of an Akt/PKB phosphorylation inhibitor targeting small cell lung cancer.
- Nov 2011: BioQuadrant Poster Presentation: BioQuadrant presents a poster during Discovery on Target (Boston, Nov 2-4 2011). The poster, entitled "Pyrrolidine-Based Triazoles and Benzimidazoles as Potential Kinase Inhibitors, GPCR Ligands and Allosteric Modulators" highlights our internal Research and Development.
- BioQuadrant is awarded multiple contracts for the preparation, purification and stability analysis of a number of process impurities and experimental bis-pyridinium drug salt forms.
- BioQuadrant adds stable isotope labeling to its services offering.
- BioQuadrant focuses internal R&D efforts towards the creation of novel chemical scaffolds targeting GPCR, kinases and ion channels.
- May 2010: Award for Dr. Debby Feytens. Debby, a former visiting scientist at BioQuadrant, has been awarded the Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development Prize for Medicinal Chemistry. Congratulations Debby! The prize has been awarded to Dr. Feytens by the Royal Flemish Chemical Society, division of medicinal and bioorganic chemistry. Read the full story in MedChem Watch, page 11.
- BioQuadrant awarded a contract for the separation of multiple kilogram quantities of a racemic, commercial active ingredient into its optically pure enantiomers, followed by subsequent synthesis of enantiopure analogues.
- BioQuadrant has been awarded a contract for the preclinical scale up synthesis of an experimental melatonin partial agonist for the treatment of sleep, eating and anxiety disorders.
- BioQuadrant introduces preclinical formulation to its service offering.
- February 2009: BioQuadrant attends Biopartnering North, held in Vancouver.
- BioQuadrant is awarded contracts for the preparation and stability analysis of liquid and dry-form intra-nasal formulations of a peptide drug.
- BioQuadrant enters into a collaborative research agreement with AccelLab to identify novel compounds as enhancers of osteogenic stem cell differentiation.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for process optimization and manufacturing of NVT-0275, an amphiphilic trisulfonated porphyrazine for photodynamic applications in medicine.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for novel chemical route development of ursodeoxycholic acid.
- BioQuadrant enters into a research collaboration with a local biotech to design, synthesize and evaluate novel compounds as inhibitors of proliferation of certain human carcinoma cells.
- BioQuadrant increases its production capacity to 1Kg/99+% purity for certain maleimido carboxylic acids, and becomes a preferred and reliable supplier for a major pharmaceutical company.
- BioQuadrant receives mandate for the preclinical scale-up of experimental drug EV077.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for preclinical scale-up of enantiopure 3-amino-4,5-dimethyl-dihydro-furan-2-one.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for the preclinical manufacturing of BA-1049, a Rho kinase (ROCK) inhibitor.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for preclinical manufacturing of enantiomers of EVO77, an experimental thromboxane antagonist.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for the development of a series of 2-substituted-4-(aryl)-1,3-dioxan-5-yl alkenoic acids.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for pre-clinical scale-up of a dual-acting anti-diabetic drug candidate.
- BioQuadrant halts GMP manufacturing capability to shift focus to early drug discovery and preclinical development.
- BioQuadrant's R&D contribution highlighted during a poster presentation session at the 29th European Peptide Symposium, held in Gdanks, Poland. "Synthesis of a spirobenzazepinone as a Beta-Turn Mimic In Bradykinin", Proceedings of the 29th European Peptide Symposium, Paper number 279
- BioQuadrant is awarded contracts for process optimization and GMP manufacture of Kg lots of a bis-pyridinium drug.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for the GMP manufacture of Bovine Adrenal Medulla (BAM) peptides.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for new chemical route development of a pro-drug of an existing benzazepine-based active pharmaceutical ingredient.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for preclinical manufacture of ID1135, a dual-acting anti-diabetic drug candidate of a local biotechnology company.
- BioQuadrant enter into a two year consulting agreement with Montreal-based Insymbiosis to provide Insymbiosis with expert consulting services in the fields of chemistry, pharmaceutical manufacturing & analysis, as well as regulatory affairs.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for the kilogram-scale synthesis of ID1567, a small molecule inhibitor of islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP) formation and aggregation in the pancreas.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for the synthesis and purification of a product having insulinotropic and antidiabetic properties.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for the synthesis of several stereoisomers of experimental HIV drug PL-100.
- BioQuadrant's proline analogues are used by Dr.Benjamin List in the catalytic asymmetric Intramolecular alpha-alkylation fo aldehydes. Read the complete publication: J.Am.Chem.Soc, Vol 126, 2, 2004
- Poster presentation: S. Ballet, C. Tšmbšly, K. Van Rompaey, R. De wachter, K. Van Ommeslaeghe, M. Biesemans, R. Willem, J. Van Betsbrugge, D. Tourw, "The 2-Benzazepine-3-one Structure as a beta-turn Mimic: Synthesis and conformational Analysis" in Peptides 2004: Proceedings of the 3rd International and 28th European Peptide Symposium, Geneva, Switserland, 2005, p. 698-699.
- March 2003: BioQuadrant attends the American Chemical Society Meeting, held in New Orleans.
- July 2003: BioQuadrant relocates to the Laval Biotechnology Development Center.
- Fall 2003: BioQuadrant attends the American Chemical Society Meeting, held in New York.
- September 2003: BioQuadrant welcomes Governor Tim Pawlenty (Minnesota) at its laboratories located at the Laval Biotechnology Development Center.
- BioQuadrant is awarded contract for preclinical manufacture and process optimization of experimental HIV protease inhibitor PL-100.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for GMP manufacture of a experimental bradykinin antagonist R-954.
- BioQuadrant is awarded a contract for the chemical development and synthesis of 4-hydroxy-isoleucine analogues as compounds used in the treatment of diabetes.
- BioQuadrant reaches an important first milestone: 1M$ in revenue.
- BioQuadrant is awarded contracts for preclinical lot manufacturing of experimental bradykinin antagonist R-954.
- Release of our first catalogue of specialty amino acids (alpha- and delta-substituted proline analogues), building blocks (turn mimetics) and protein bioconjugation tools.
- BioQuadrant participates at the European Peptide Symposium, held in Sorrento, Italy.
- BioQuadrant attends the American Association of Pharmaceutical Sciences meeting, held in Toronto.
- Publication: "Cyclic Somatostatins Containing Alpha-Benzyl-o-AMPA as a Cis Peptide Bond Mimic", Dirk Tourwe, Valerie Brecx, Jo Van Betsbrugge and Patricia Verheyden in Peptides Frontiers of Peptide Science, American Peptide Symposia, 2002, Volume 5, Session III, 200-201, DOI: 10.1007/0-306-46862-X_80
- January 2001: BioQuadrant is awarded several contracts for process optimization, scale-up and manufacturing of experimental thrombin inhibitor CCI-1004 for Montreal-based ConjuChem.
- June 2001: BioQuadrant receives financial support from Economic Development Canada, Investissement Quebec, Bank of Montreal, Laval Technopole (CLD Laval), SIJ (Societe d'Investissement Jeunesse) and Canada's national research council's Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP).
- BioQuadrant welcomes Prof.Dr. Peter Schiller (Clinical Research Institute of Montreal) and Prof.Dr. Dirk Tourwe (Free University of Brussels,Belgium) to its scientific advisory board.
- Publication: "Indirect HPLC Separation of Enantiomers of Alpha-Substituted Proline Analogues: a Comparison of Three Different Chiral Derivatizing Agents", Gabriella Toroka, Antal Peter, Jo Van Betsbrugge, Dirk Tourwe, in Jnl. of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies Volume 27, Issue 1, pp.17-29, 2004
- May 2000: BioQuadrant starts the pre-incubation program at the CQIB (Quebec Biotechnology Innovation Center).
- Sept 2000: BioQuadrant attends the European Peptide Symposium, held in Montpellier, France.
- Oct 2000: BioQuadrant's racemic alpha-substituted proline analogues are distributed on a non-exclusive basis by Fluka. BioQuadrant is hereby the first company ever to produce and commercialize alpha-disubstituted proline analogues.
- October 13 1999: BioQuadrant sees the light of day for the first time.
- August 1999: The CEIM (Centre d'entreprises et d'innovation de Montreal) receives a mandate to optimize our business plan and to find financial partners for a successful company start-up.